In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
They say you can’t improve on perfection, but we still wouldn’t object to a modern day adaptation of the 1976 sci-fi classic Logan’s Run. Like all brilliant works of cinema, Logan’s Run is set in a dystopian future civilization under rule of a computer. The inhabitants of this sealed city—the leftover representatives of the human race—have a moderate population control issue, which the computer has wisely opted to remedy by killing its citizens when they reach the age of 30. It’s not all bad, though; there are copious orgies and generally hedonistic behavior to take your mind off the blinking red light embedded in your hand that counts down your days on the planet. Like all oppressed societies, there are defectors, or “Runners,” and a well-trained police force tasked with maintaining order, “Sandmen.” And, because it was made in the ’70s, the costumes and weaponry are awesomely ridiculous and Farrah Fawcett makes a brief but sexy appearance.
Recent reports reveal that Nicolas Winding Refn is no longer set on re-making Logan’s Run as his next project (which probably puts Gosling out of the running for the part of Logan, bummer), but we’re willing to bet on our Lifeclock crystals someone else will hitch their wagon to this money train sometime soon. Until then, here’s who we think ought to fill the starring roles.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November