In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Before Harry Potter and Twilight, there was Ender’s Game, the Hugo Award-winning sci-fi book about tween genius Ender Wiggin and his path to save the world from annihilation by the insect-like aliens, the Buggers. Now the time has come for those young actors who missed their chances with Harry Potter and Twilight fame to dream big again.
Late last month, scf-fi Gawker blog io9 reported that Ender’s Game, the movie, had sent out casting calls. On board to direct the beloved young-adult novel is Gavin Hood—the South African director who brought us Oscar-winning Tsotsi and Oscar-snubbed X-Men: Wolverine. Even better, Star Trek (2009) writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci have adapted Orson Scott Card’s text for the screen. So which youngsters deserve a chance at sci-fi stardom? We’ve got a few ideas.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse