In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
The latest film actor of interest to transition into television is Vera Farmiga, whose role in Up in the Air (2010) earned her an Oscar nomination. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Farmiga has signed on to a Psycho-prequel series focusing on the life of Norman Bates and his rather dysfunctional relationship with his mother, long before he murders Janet Leigh’s character as a middle-aged man. Vera will play Mrs. Bates and, if that isn’t strange enough, the series is being commissioned by A&E—not a channel known for its star power. We’ve enjoyed some utter unsettling television programs with bizarre premises before— American Horror Story; David Lynch’s; surrealist Twin Peaks; Six Feet Under—so rather than cast judgment, we’ll cast some characters!
For more Casting Calls, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse