Casting Call: Bonnie and Clyde
Published July 29, 2011
In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
According to the tagline for Bonnie and Clyde, Arthur Penn’s iconic 1967 film, there are just three things you need to know about the titular duo: “They’re young, they’re in love, and they kill people.” Historian Jeff Guinn, however, sees things differently. His 2009 bestseller Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde reveals that the real Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow had to endure a lot more hardship than Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty ever did.
This week, it was announced that Guinn’s book is being adapted into a major motion picture; Neil Burger, who helmed the Bradley Cooper vehicle Limitless, is in talks to direct. Which actors will attempt to put their own stamps on the Bonnie and Clyde saga’s well-known characters ? We’ve got a few suggestions.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show