What I Want: Striped Shoes
Published June 6, 2011
With everyone in Venice lately and “gondola, this… gondola, that…” even I’ve been going a little stripe crazy of late. The obsession can continue to my toes with Cole Haan now that it has just released its collaboration with century-and-a-half-old French Fabric brand Les Toiles du Soleil. The brand’s name translates to “the fabric of the sun,” and no wonder considering the vibrant colors and cool relaxed shapes of the two styles of footwear—a boat shoe and a chukka boot. It’s like a sunny day in a coastal beach town in a box. The mixture of striped canvas fabric with the vachetta leather detailing screams for the sun to darken the tan into a deep brown. I especially love the option of the warmer terracotta reds with the cool refreshing blues. Why not get them all?
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season