What I Want: Striped Shoes
Published June 6, 2011
With everyone in Venice lately and “gondola, this… gondola, that…” even I’ve been going a little stripe crazy of late. The obsession can continue to my toes with Cole Haan now that it has just released its collaboration with century-and-a-half-old French Fabric brand Les Toiles du Soleil. The brand’s name translates to “the fabric of the sun,” and no wonder considering the vibrant colors and cool relaxed shapes of the two styles of footwear—a boat shoe and a chukka boot. It’s like a sunny day in a coastal beach town in a box. The mixture of striped canvas fabric with the vachetta leather detailing screams for the sun to darken the tan into a deep brown. I especially love the option of the warmer terracotta reds with the cool refreshing blues. Why not get them all?
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Boulet Brothers Spill Their Guts on Everything Scary, from Fake Blood to Jeffrey Toobin
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Jumaane Williams Tells La La Anthony Why He’s “Not Okay”