On Set with Tina Turnbow
Published October 19, 2010
ANNE HECHE’S BEAUTY LOOK IN THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID.
For her very first movie gig, celebrity makeup artist Tina Turnbow is working with Anne Heche on the indie film That’s What She Said. “It is Ab Fab meets Superbad, and we are filming on the streets of New York, so we are going for that look… effortlessly cool and pretty,” explains Turnbow.
Hairstylist Amy Wadford used Bumble and bumble Surf Spray, then twisted the hair root to tip with a 4″ iron and sprayed Bumble and bumble’s Spray de Mode all over the twists. She finished with Surf Spray and scrunched the ends, fingering it out.
For makeup, Turnbow breaks it down like this: “First I used Clinique All About Eyes Depuffing Serum with roller, and MyChelle G2 Instant Firming Serum, followed by Chantecaille tinted moisturizer in Nude and Fresh’s Radiance Pen #1 under eyes and around nostrils. I filled in brows with Tarte’s waterproof brow pencil in Taupe along with their Rise & Shine lip gloss in Cherry, Mineral Fusion Coal eye pencil on inner rim of eye, and L’Oréal’s new mascara, Million Lashes. The blush is Philosophy, The Supernatural You Make Me Blush.”
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work