Published August 11, 2010
While the Teen Choice Awards, the 12th incarnation of which took place on Sunday night, might be intended for the slightly less sophisticated set, there’s something to be said for the youngest members of the A-lists’ ability to play to their strengths. Miranda Cosgrove, Lea Michele, Megan Fox and Selena Gomez all chose curls to accompany their teen dream looks. Whether it was Fox’s sexy bend, Michele’s beach-ready look, Selena Gomez’s smoother coiff, or Miranda Cosgrove’s long, sultry look, waves made a statement on the red carpet this weekend.
Gilda, celebrity stylist at the Pierre Michel Salon in NYC, explains that we are seeing an increasing trend in curls this summer for the most practical of reasons: the upkeep is minimal. “Wavy hair makes you feel sexier and feminine and is easy to achieve. It’s a quick and simple solution for a special evening out.” To get the look, she suggests Ouidad’s Styling Mist, “a dual-purpose formula created to combine long lasting hold with the freedom of movement needed for contemporary styling.”
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse