Choose Your Own Adventure: Proenza Schouler’s Patent PS1 Bag
Published November 17, 2010
COURTESY OF PROENZA SCHOULER
Just in time for winter weather, Proenza Schouler has released the Patent PS1 Handbag. An antidote to more flashy status bags, the PS1 has always stood out for its simplicity and sense of adventure. It looks like a cross between a Kelly bag and an old-fashioned rucksack, and both Kate Moss and Indiana Jones could pull it off. The weatherproof version of the iconic bag maintains the spirit of adventure, and even has its own video, starring model Danielle Zinaich trudging through the woods in search of this perfect accessory. Made in the same vein of former collaborator Harmony Korine’s earlier “Act da Fool” piece, the gritty video is purposefully imperfect, with grainy footage and sharp audio. Instead of on a flawless mantel, the video shows Zinaich finding the gorgeous handbag stuck in the mud, next to a stream. This handbag is not dainty, as the video attests: it’s for those who need their wardrobe to survive a bit of mud and grime.
THE PATENT-LEATHER PS1 BAG IS NOW AVAILABLE AT PROENZASCHOULER.COM.
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse