ABOVE: PROENZA SCHOULER “FIRST COLLECTION” WINDOW DISPLAY AT BARNEYS NEW YORK.
You know you’re getting old when the boy geniuses of Proenza Schouler are already releasing a vintage collection. Over 10 years ago, in 2002, Lorenzo Hernandez and his partner Jack McCollough presented their thesis collection at Parsons. The collection, which eventually became the first for their brand, was bought almost instantly by Barneys New York. The rest, as they say, is history.
Proenza Schouler has packed quite a bit into the last decade: earlier in the month, the designers received their third CFDA award for womenswear. Some of their most fervent followers include fashionista-actors Chloë Sevigny, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Kate Bosworth, and Dakota Fanning. In honor of their loyal fan-base and their 10th anniversary, Proenza Schouler has come full circle and, with the help of Barneys, has reinterpreted and rereleased a version of their first collection. Some of our favorite pieces include a grey hoody paired with skinny black trousers and simple black pumps, and a black bustier top.
PROENZA SCHOULER’S “FIRST COLLECTION” FOR BARNEYS NEW YORK IS AVAILABLE IN-STORE AND ONLINE.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again