For the natural-beauty type, the transition to a bold, vivid lip can be jarring—so much so that many women just don’t bother trying, for fear of taking on too much too soon. Enter Ilia’s tinted lip conditioner: It goes on nearly sheer, but builds up to a bright color as more is applied, meaning it multitasks as a barely-there tint, a saturated lipstick, and every shade in between, depending on the whims of the wearer. Plus, it’s all natural and designed with hydrating active ingredients, leaving lips as soft as balm does (but a whole lot prettier). We’re especially partial to Bang Bang [pictured], which builds up to a perfect red, and also recommend Lust for Life to those looking to work their way up to a Lorde-style mulberry. Priced at $26 and available online at Net-a-Porter.
Most Wanted runs every Tuesday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron