Model Citizen Gets Key to His City
Published August 19, 2009
This morning, Mayor Mark Matthews of Kennesaw, Georgia, awarded hometown boy and Forbes’s Most Successful Model Sean O’Pry a key to the city “honoring his achievements and thanking him for remembering his southern roots and sharing his love of Kennesaw in interviews.” What can one really do with a key to a city? By all accounts, sneak into your local skinny jeans vendor by night.
Sean did just that in a July conversation with Matthew Edelstein for Interview, explaining that, while he’s settled in to city life, he still thinks Waffle House compares pretty favorably to any of New York’s culinary offerings. However, he admitted, prior to modeling: “I thought Abercrombie & Fitch was the bee’s knees…”
And now? “The jeans are a lot skinnier than I used to wear, that’s for sure.” Don’t tell the mayor.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True