Model Citizen Gets Key to His City
Published August 19, 2009
This morning, Mayor Mark Matthews of Kennesaw, Georgia, awarded hometown boy and Forbes’s Most Successful Model Sean O’Pry a key to the city “honoring his achievements and thanking him for remembering his southern roots and sharing his love of Kennesaw in interviews.” What can one really do with a key to a city? By all accounts, sneak into your local skinny jeans vendor by night.
Sean did just that in a July conversation with Matthew Edelstein for Interview, explaining that, while he’s settled in to city life, he still thinks Waffle House compares pretty favorably to any of New York’s culinary offerings. However, he admitted, prior to modeling: “I thought Abercrombie & Fitch was the bee’s knees…”
And now? “The jeans are a lot skinnier than I used to wear, that’s for sure.” Don’t tell the mayor.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse