What’s Cooking at Marni?
Published October 26, 2009
In Paris there’s a big difference between a congolais—the American version of the macaroon comprising coconut and sticky syrup—and a macaroon, the title reserved for loftier, infra-slim delicacies. And in Milan? Well, you’ll just have to wait for. This holiday season Marni is releasing a limited edition box of macaroons, cooked in collaboration with endlessly lauded and infinitely laudable French bakery Ladurée. The Marni Macaroons will come in a box of eight or eighteen with a choice between a customized assortment or classic chocolate filled version. Marni designer Consuelo Castiglioni created the customized boxes adorned with Marni’s distinctive polka dots and flower appliqués. Perhaps they work best as the perfect stocking stuffer for a Marni devotee, albeit one who does not have trouble fitting into their shift dresses.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat