PHOTOS BY ALICE LUBBOCK.
The Jonathan Saunders woman arrived into the Spring/Summer 2015 season all wrapped up like a gift. Sashes wrapped the lower ribs or hips and blossomed into oversized bows at the waist on jackets, dresses, and paper-bag-waist trousers alike; and cropped jackets atop multiple shirting lengths put us in mind of pulling away layers of decorative paper. Pretty, delicate leaf appliqués and patterning were a refreshing twist on ubiquitous spring florals; while rich, earthy browns played against crisp or filmy baby blue. But don’t mistake “refined” for “subdued”—cropped jackets, pops of gold, and tinted aviators all playfully gestured to Saunders’ famous sense of fun.
For more from London Fashion Week S/S 2015, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup