INTER-Picks: The New Black Top
Published May 13, 2010
For this season, the classic high-top basketball sneaker has left the bright lights of the court for the dark shadows of the street. My favorites come from four companies well known for interpreting the classics and adding a distinct edge. Creative Recreation stays closest to the court with a comfortable all-black model. Christian Louboutin’s all-over spike-studded version will give your opponent something to worry about–or make for an attractive distraction. Dior Homme’s streamlined grey trainer comes with a slick black stripe, while Pierre Hardy dark signature cube pattern in many colors shows the true, over-powering power of black. The look and style is always best when accompanied with a slim to skinny dark pant and a bad attitude.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse