For New York Fashion Week, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen held their show for The Row not on a catwalk, but in an Upper East Side townhouse. The clothing reflected the effortless glamour of its surroundings, with pearly, cream-colored textured silk, and loungewear-inspired garments that seem perfectly suited for an afternoon reclining on the chaise.
We fell completely in love with the above pictured Look 8, which paired an oversized, thickly knit black sweater with a wide obi-style leather topped skirt, falling below the knees and quilted. The skirt’s high slit adds sexiness to the look, and the material combination and proportion play is just edgy enough to make the outfit timeless.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November