PHOTOS BY ALICE LUBBOCK.
For Spring/Summer 2015, Christopher Kane is pulling strings—literally. His collection was punctuated by ropes and knots of all shapes and sizes: theoretically functional (drawstrings at the hems and sleeves of an oxbood satin skirt suit), decorative (multicolored, crisscrossed nets of rope over mesh on tops and dresses), even trompe l’oeil (ceci n’est pas un rope belt, cinching one knife-pleated frock). Instantly covetable drawstring leather trousers were paired with mod, optical patterns up top; cutouts and piping crossed models’ bodies like spiderwebs, sunburts, or Art Deco columns; and even several peeks of tulle were structured and (no pun intended) restrained.
For more from London Fashion Week S/S 2015, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters