Celestial Bodies at Armani PrivÃ©
Published January 26, 2010
Giorgio Armani let the cycles of the moon guide his expert cutting for a collection of curvy tailoring inspired by the luminous glow of crescent moons for bias peplum jackets over petal skirts in quilted satin, organza lamé, ostrich skin, and liquid metal effect lamé. His evening gowns swept the heavens from jeweled columns dripping with Swarovski crystals to mermaid style, bustier, and ball-skirted numbers. This was a perfectly controlled exercise from a designer whose no-fault approach has made him the first choice for awards ceremonies. The show has a televised, beyond reality quality. A palette of platinum, ivory, midnight blue, moon green, ice pink, and aurora borealis gave Armani’s designs an unearthly, almost chilling perfection.
SEE ALL OF INTERVIEW’S COVERAGE OF PARIS COUTURE.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse