Weekend News Roundup! Tavi Starts a Magazine; Bill Clinton Cameos in The Hangover Part II
HERE’S HOPING TAVI’S NEW MAGAZINE KICKS OFF WITH A PLAID ISSUE.
PHOTO COURTESY OF TAVI GEVINSON
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Pint-sized style-blogging sensation Tavi announced that she’ll be starting a new “feminist, creative, moody-teenage-girl” magazine with Jane Pratt, former editor-in-chief of Sassy. They’re taking submissions through November 19. [Style Rookie via Observer]
• The late Dennis Hopper’s art collection, which included pieces by Warhol, Basquiat and Haring, took in more than $10 million at Christie’s. [P6]
• Megamind topped the weekend box office, pulling in $30 million. It was followed by Unstoppable ($23.5M), Due Date ($15.5M), Skyline ($11.7M), and Morning Glory ($9.6M). [Box Office Mojo]
• Angela Lansbury will play Katherine Heigl’s daughter in a new film, Adaline. Heigl plays a character who doesn’t age past her late 20s after being struck by lightning—so it’s like Phenomenon, but shallower. [Deadline]
• Mel Gibson’s cameo in The Hangover Part II has been canceled, but Bill Clinton will appear as himself in the film. [THR]
• Two of Jon and Kate Gosselin’s eight kids have been expelled from school for violence and bullying—which is hard to believe, since they have such positive parental influence in their lives. [People]