Weekend News Roundup! You Could Probably Take Shia LaBeouf in a Fight
OH, MARKY MARK, WE MISS THE OLD DAYS.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• R&B singer Bobby Womack passed away on Friday. He was 70 years old.
• Actress/reality show contestant Zendaya is no longer going to star as Aaliyah in Lifetime’s biopic of the singer. Seems like the producers could use some help from Casting Call… [HF]
• Anna Wintour has a son! His name is Charlie and he got married over the weekend. We hope this leads to an “Anna Wintour is my mother-in-law” reality show but it probably won’t. [P6]
• Transformers made 100 million dollars over its opening weekend. [BOM]
• Speaking of Transformers, here is a video of Shia LaBeouf trying to stir up some trouble before going to see Cabaret on Broadway. Spoiler alert: it’s really just him hopping around behind his bodyguard who is halfheartedly shielding him from attacking a not-very-tall balding man. [NYDN]
• Hailie Mathers, daughter of Eminem, graduated from high school. [E!]
• Angel Haze and Ireland Baldwin are officially dating. [US]