MORRISSEY MAKES HIS BEST “PLEASE FUND MY VIDEO” FACE.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Paris Hilton is playing 13 DJ sets at a nightclub in Ibiza and is getting paid $2.7 million for it. [Gawker]
• Strategically planned for the end of bikini season: “CRINKLES ARE COMING BACK THIS FALL!” [Gothamist]
• Paramount was so happy with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles‘ opening this weekend that it’s already announced a sequel. [Variety]
• Move over, Anna Wintour. Tonight, Ryan Raftery becomes the Most Powerful Woman in Fashion. [The Cut/NYM]
• Last week, Morrissey posted a lengthy rant against his label, Harvest/Capitol Records, for failing to fund a music video for “World Peace is None of Your Business.” And this weekend, the label decided to cut ties with the former Smiths frontman. [Pitchfork]
• Tia Mowry takes it back! She didn’t mean it! [E!]
• Shark Week began last night with the grandiosely-titled Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine, an episode featuring the 30-foot, mythical great white who ruled the South African waters for decades. [Discovery]