Weekend News Roundup! Prince’s Private White House Show, Animals Gone Wild, and Justin Bieber in the Sky
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
•(Semi) spoiler alert: A Game of Thrones character died in the season finale last night and the actor says he will not be returning to the show. [THR]
• Prince played a private show at the White House. [P6]
• Many large and slightly terrifying animals escaped this weekend—some from a zoo (20 wolves, eight lions, many tigers and jaguars) and one elephant from a circus. The circus elephant killed a man in Germany and the zoo situation was basically Jumanji in real life. [Gawker]
• Unsurprisingly, Jurassic World won the box office. [BOM]
• Musicians big and small took over Brooklyn for Williamsburg’s Northside Festival. Everyone from Run the Jewels, Best Coast, and Heems to Beach House, Sleigh Bells, Drenge, and Eskimeaux played. [NYT]
• An important message was delivered to everyone in New York via airplane writing in the sky. The message? “Justin Bieber is a smilophile.” [Billboard]