Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
•(Semi) spoiler alert: A Game of Thrones character died in the season finale last night and the actor says he will not be returning to the show. [THR]
• Prince played a private show at the White House. [P6]
• Many large and slightly terrifying animals escaped this weekend—some from a zoo (20 wolves, eight lions, many tigers and jaguars) and one elephant from a circus. The circus elephant killed a man in Germany and the zoo situation was basically Jumanji in real life. [Gawker]
• Unsurprisingly, Jurassic World won the box office. [BOM]
• Musicians big and small took over Brooklyn for Williamsburg’s Northside Festival. Everyone from Run the Jewels, Best Coast, and Heems to Beach House, Sleigh Bells, Drenge, and Eskimeaux played. [NYT]
• An important message was delivered to everyone in New York via airplane writing in the sky. The message? “Justin Bieber is a smilophile.” [Billboard]