SOFIA VERGARA TWEETED THE OTHER KIND OF CLEAVAGE.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Homeland upset Mad Men‘s winning streak at last night’s Emmy Awards, winning four big dramatic trophies: writing, lead actress for Claire Danes, lead actor for Damian Lewis, and outstanding drama. Modern Family continued to dominate the comedy awards, even though it’s not that great anymore, because apparently these people have never seen Parks and Recreation. Louis C.K. won three awards, though, which is terrific. [Emmys]
• Even Sofia Vergara’s mighty Zuhair Muhad gown (which was gorgeous) wasn’t enough to contain her formidable derrière: it split across her butt, 20 minutes before Modern Family won for Best Comedy. And she tweeted a picture! [P6/NYP]
• End of Watch and The House at the End of the Street opened in first place at the weekend box office, with $13M each; Trouble with the Curve was close behind, with $12.7M. Finding Nemo (Retribution) and Resident Evil: Retribution closed out the top 5 with $9.4M and $6.7M. [BOM]
• Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong let loose a profane, minute-long rant at the iHeartRadio festival in Las Vegas, and smashed his guitar, and explained to those assembled that he was not Justin Bieber. Now he’s going to rehab! Oy, happy Monday. [LAT]
• Anne Hathaway’s wedding dress will be designed by Valentino. And more importantly, he predicted that she will be a “great, great, great, great thousand times great star.” Great to the greath power? That’s really great! [E!]
• The U.N. General Assembly has started, so keep that in mind before taking a cab up the East Side. [Gothamist]
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse