THE ARTIST AT WORK
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you mayhave missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Jay-Z premiered Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film, which documents the rapper’s six-hour performance at a Chelsea art gallery. So it was performance art—it says so right in the title! Take that, haters. [Rolling Stone]
• CBS is like, totally giving Time Warner the silent treatment. [NY Post]
• 2 Guns won a slow weekend box office with $27.4 million followed by The Wolverine with $21.7 million and The Smurfs 2, which took in a measly $18.2 million its opening weekend. Guess it ain’t easy being blue either. [BOM]
• Former baseball hero A-Rod is being suspended for his connection to an awfully sketchy “medical clinic.” Don’t do drugs, kids. [Forbes]
• A teaser for Lindsay Lohan’s sit down with Oprah came out, proving the first step to recovery still is and always will be a sit-down with Oprah. [E!]
• And someone (finally?) threw a tampon at One Direction. [TMZ]