Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may havemissed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Not sure how we feel about this, but Harvey Weinstein is reviving New York fashion house (and the subject of a 2013 exhibition at the Met’s Costume Institute) Charles James with Zac Posen as creative director. [P6]
• Nicolas Jaar and jazz musician and Gil Scott Heron collaborator Brian Jackson made a short film in response to the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. The title, “Eleven,” comes from the number of times Garner told the police he couldn’t breathe. [Nowness]
• Focus won the box office, but it wasn’t that difficult. [BOM]
• Kanye’s new album will be called So Help Me God. [Twitter]
• SNL did another skit about ISIS, this time with Dakota Johnson as a new recruit. People got quite upset. [Gothamist]
• And finally, here is a video of Chance the Rapper and Alec Baldwin. Chance is beatboxing; Alec is rapping. Life makes sense again. [Instagram]