“WHEN I BECAME A MAN, I DID AWAY WITH CHILDISH THINGS.” JUST A HINT, BIEBS.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Justin Bieber has graduated high school—St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in Ontario, to be precise, which held its commencement exercises on Thursday. This sentence is too good not to repeat: “Mr. Bieber did not attend the school’s commencement ceremony, where he was listed on the program in between his classmates Antoine Berger de Nomazy and James Bohan. (‘Cool,’ Mr. Bohan told QMI.)” [ArtsBeat/NYT]
• Fashion Star, the TV show you’ll remember as being kind of like Project Runway, except on NBC, and maybe a couple of key things were different, but who knows, because you certainly didn’t watch it, is losing its host Elle Macpherson and its co-sponsor H&M. [P6]
• Ted won the weekend box office with $54.1M, followed by Magic Mike with $39.2M. Brave made another $34M, and Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection opened in fourth place with a still-healthy $26.4M. Madagascar 3 closed out the top five with $11.8M. [BOM]
• Alec Baldwin and his lady love Hilaria Thomas were married in New York on Saturday, and their Times announcement is kind of the ür-text of the genre. (Thomas on how they met at a restaurant: “I was standing near the door with my friends when he walked up and took my hand and said, ‘I must know you.'”) [Vows/NYT]
• Donatella Versace cites sleeping in the freezer as the key to her youthfulness. Just a normal thing to say that definitely doesn’t make us suspect she might be a vampire at all, no siree. [Telegraph]
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse