Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Actor James Garner (The Great Escape, 1963; Victor/Victoria, 1982; Old Ryan Gosling in The Notebook, 2004) passed away on Saturday. He was 86. [NYT]
• Jonah Hill officiated the marriage of Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo. [E!]
• Beyoncé shared a teaser for 50 Shades of Grey on her Instagram—presumably because it contains an extremely brief, breathy excerpt from her 2003 hit “Crazy in Love.” The clip reveals nothing about the actual film (really nothing at all). An official trailer is due out on Thursday. [Instagram]
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes won the box office for a second consecutive week. [BOM]
• J Dilla’s mother is donating some of his old equipment to The Smithsonian. [Pitchfork]
• North West’s body double probably makes more money than you do. [NYDN]
• Here is an eHarmony commercial directed by Fred Durst. [The Cut]