Happy Halloween! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• #HillaryforPrision is trending on Twitter, because apparently “prison” is a challenging word to spell. Or maybe they were going for “precision” or “prism” or “pristine” or “prescient,” or making a point about there being no “I” in “prison” by adding an extra “I,” or trying to circumvent the evil liberal Twitter gods. ¯ _(ã??)_ / ¯ [Twitter]
• On the subject of prescience, here is a clip of Jon Hamm and Jake Gyllenhaal performing a scene from Sinclair Lewis’s unfortunately prescient play about American fascism, It Can’t Happen Here (1935). [THR]
• Boo! A Madea Halloween won the box office for the second consecutive week. [BOM]
• Michael Douglas announced that Val Kilmer has cancer on a British talk show, because that’s what friends are for. [People]
• Prince Harry is maybe dating an American actress. [P6]
• Lupe Fiasco has jumped on the Kid Cudi-hating bandwagon. [Pitchfork]