Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the holiday weekend.
• The farce that is the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election continued on Sunday with the second debate between candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Trump creeped behind Clinton throughout most of the debate, announced he “know[s] nothing” about Russia, and dissed his VP candidate Mike Pence in a near-perfect fulfilment of Saturday Night Live’s Trump parody the night before. Melania wore a pussy-bow blouse from Gucci. The real winner was a man named Ken Bone. [Yahoo, NYMag, SNL, Time]
• Randy Newman released a song about Vladimir Putin riding a horse shirtless. It is called “Putin.” [Pitchfork]
• Actor Shailene Woodley was arrested for trespassing while peacefully protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota. She broadcast the incident via Facebook Live. [A.V. Club]
• The Girl on the Train won the box office. [BOM]
• A woman who thought she was dating Sean Penn was upset by the pictures of the actor making out with Vincent D’Onofrio’s 24-year-old daughter. So were we, but for different reasons. [P6]
• Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth maybe got married in Vegas. [E!]
• And finally, Guy Ritchie is directing a live-action version of Aladdin. [THR]