Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• French actor Jeanne Moreau passed away at the age of 89. [Deadline]
• MTV is reviving TRL, albeit without Carson Daley, because life is a 10-year loop. [EW]
• The Strokes are not recording new music. [Pitchfork]
• Dunkirk won the box office for the second consecutive week. [BOM]
• Everyone hates the Emoji movie, which isn’t surprising, but the vehemence with which everyone hates it is pretty impressive. [Vulture]
• Angelina Jolie released a statement refuting certain parts of her Vanity Fair profile piece. [HuffPo]
• Oprah has the tea on Mindy Kaling’s pregnancy. [People]