Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The Cannes jury has spoken: Ken Loach took home the Palme D’Or with I, Daniel Blake, Xavier Dolan won the Grand Prix for It’s Only the End of the World, and Andrea Arnold was awarded the Jury Prize for American Honey. [The Guardian]
• The Lonely Island debuted a new song on SNL to promote their upcoming film Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping. It’s called “Finest Girl,” and can be summed up by the following line from the hook: “She wanted me to fuck her like we fucked Bin Laden.” [Pitchfork]
• The Angry Birds Movie won the box office this weekend. Sigh. [BOM]
• Michael Jackson and Russell Crowe never met, but that didn’t stop Jackson from prank calling Crowe frequently. [The Graham Norton Show]
• The Japanese pop singer Mayu Tomita was stabbed over 20 times by an obsessive male fan at an event in Tokyo. She is currently in “critical condition.” [People]