Weekend News! Sheen Talks Pretty; West Coast Vinnie
VINNY’S MAKING MOVES! PHOTO BY TERRY RICHARDSON.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• “The Circle of Life” beats death every time. Lion King 3-D filled theaters as far as the eye could see this past weekend, sweeping the box office with $29.3 million. Contagion took in $14.4 and Ryan Gosling vehicle Drive rounded out the top 3 with $11 million. [BOM]
• Sunday’s 63rd Annual Emmys saw Modern Family and Mad Men take home the big prizes . . . Yawn! But the night had choice moments: host Jane Lynch was golden; Game of Thrones‘s Peter Dinklage took home a statuette and Charlie Sheen spoke without tigerblood of Two and a Half Men. [HR]
• Really! Sheen and Ashton Kutcher even chatted backstage, after which Sheen tweeted, “Seriously… @aplusk great talking to you! We’ll all be watching! Make us proud!!” [Twitter]
• This is why we go to FOX for news! The Rupert Murdoch-owned channel censored a pre-taped Alec Baldwin segment from the Emmys that included a joke poking fun at Murdoch’s phone-tapping scandal. [NYDN]
• GTL goes BHHS as Jersey Shore‘s Vinnie Guadagnino will have a guest spot in one episode of “90210.” [EW]