Salone Del Mobile, Milan’s premiere furniture fair, was cursed this year by torrential rains that caused even the most stalwart design enthusiast (me) to think twice about heading out into the fair in the Rho neighborhood, much less commuting to the more avant garde exhibitions far-away at Lambrate. Shoes wet nonetheless, some of the standouts for me were exhibited by some of the more established larger companies. Perhaps the growth and the experimentation of the fuorisalone (the fairs outside the main fair) i.e. Tortona, Lambrate etc. has cycled back to the big guys?
Rafael de Cárdenas is the principal of Architecture at Large.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work