Maison Martin Margiela’s Haute Hotel
Published April 22, 2011
Last year, the Maison Champs-Élysées commissioned the increasingly enterprising Maison Martin Margiela to execute a re-design. The hotel isn’t actually on the Champs—it’s a block away on the rue Jean Goujon—but it is a hotel, and it is near the Saint Regis. A new video tease for the renovation shows Margiela’s Nurse Ratcheds plying out the hotel’s innards, and filling it piece by piece with delicate foil—without messing up their manicures.
And if you thought there’d be a voiceover, then you’re unfmailiar with Margiela’s preference for unironic anonymity. The hotel’s phone line and answering machine serve as the vocal accompaniment—that’s the sound of you getting no response when trying to make a reservation.
THE MAISON CHAMPS-ÉLYSÉES OPENS MAY 30. [Hypebeast]
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation