Maison Martin Margiela’s Haute Hotel
Published April 22, 2011
Last year, the Maison Champs-Élysées commissioned the increasingly enterprising Maison Martin Margiela to execute a re-design. The hotel isn’t actually on the Champs—it’s a block away on the rue Jean Goujon—but it is a hotel, and it is near the Saint Regis. A new video tease for the renovation shows Margiela’s Nurse Ratcheds plying out the hotel’s innards, and filling it piece by piece with delicate foil—without messing up their manicures.
And if you thought there’d be a voiceover, then you’re unfmailiar with Margiela’s preference for unironic anonymity. The hotel’s phone line and answering machine serve as the vocal accompaniment—that’s the sound of you getting no response when trying to make a reservation.
THE MAISON CHAMPS-ÉLYSÉES OPENS MAY 30. [Hypebeast]
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again