In our Friday feature, Lipps Service, One Model Management owner Scott Lipps shares photos from his fabulous life with us once a week, right here. This week… Scott’s been nominated! Since he doesn’t think he’s getting an Oscar or Grammy anytime soon, it was especially sweet to be nominated for “Best Nightlife Social Media Star” at Hennessy and Paper Magazine’s Nightlife Awards this week. But first things first: a “birthday” dinner for the Armory, uptown, complete with performance by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings and a bike ride all the way up to Morningside Heights (where on earth is that?). Then off to Scott’s dad’s 80th birthday party, a quick stop by the set of The Face and photo op with stylist Patti Wilson, a tour of the Met Museum’s Warhol exhibition (no pics allowed!), lunch with Johan Lindeberg, and the premiere of the new Led Zeppelin documentary. Then, the awards! They were goth, colorful, and quintessentially downtown New York, all rolled into one: Rita Ora, Cassie, Wale, cast members from Girls, Andrew WK, Adam Green, and a performance by Ellie Goulding. Alas, Scott didn’t win his category (Cory Kennedy did), but hey, what do they always say? It’s an honor just to be nominated!
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy