What makes the modern gentleman? Offering up your seat on the subway? A dinner jacket and cufflinks? Having a valet à la Bertie Wooster? Perhaps it goes beyond aesthetics and chivalry—our friends at Ketel One certainly seem to think so. The Dutch vodka brand is issuing a call to action to men across the world to present them with an idea that “champions the modern gentleman.” To helm their search, Ketel has partnered with exemplary 21st century men—actor, philanthropist (Somerhalder has his own charity, The IS Foundation, dedicated to protecting the environment), and generally attractive man Ian Somerhalder; the co-founder of the Movember Foundation, Adam Garone; and actor Carols Pounce. The company will invest 100,000 dollars to turn the best idea submitted into a reality. The closing date for entries is July 29, just a few days away! You can read more about the initiative here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy