DARLING LUPITA! PHOTOGRAPHY BY GREGORY HARRIS
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the long holiday weekend.
• The SAG Awards happened on Saturday, and of all the winners, we were most excited to see Lupita Nyong’o pull a Supporting Actress win for 12 Years a Slave, in a fantastic turquoise Gucci gown. Other winners included Jared Leto, Matthew McConaughey, Cate Blanchett, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and the American Hustle cast. [USAT]
• Also on Saturday, Drake was the host and musical guest on SNL, and he kind of slayed! The best part was his impression of Lil Wayne doing an impression of Steve Urkel, which we promise makes sense in context. [Pitchfork]
• Harry Styles went to Sundance to support his friend Zach Braff. Okay! He cried at Zach Braff’s movie. All right! Then he and Zach Braff went to a party and he talked to Anne Hathaway. Again, that’s just fine! [Hello!]
• We’re kind of starting to wish Robin Thicke and Paula Patton would just come out and tell everyone they have an open marriage, so that it won’t be a story anymore when he grinds with pretty ladies at Parisian nightclubs. [ONTD]
• Nicolas Winding Refn’s Barbarella reboot (what the world truly needs now) will be an Amazon show. [Deadline]
• And, in bummer news, a study revealed that throughout their lives, women end up on twice as many diets as they have sex partners. [DM]