You Gonna Eat That?
Published December 4, 2008
Lunchbox designed by Eva Mendes. Photograph by Stephanie Foley.
When I was a young’un, I had the coolest lunchbox: bright orange, featuring the New Kids On The Block. I’ve never forgotten it. So I’m thrilled to hear that the Beastie Boys, Mike Myers, Ellen Page, Diane Von Furstenberg and others are lending some star power to bring back the box.
Gourmet Magazine is putting on an online auction, featuring one of a kind, celebrity-designed and signed lunchboxes—fittingly, in the name of hunger relief. Open to the public from December 12-18 (with a launch on December 11, hosted by Michael Stipe and celebrity chef Mario Batali at NYC’s Milk Gallery), the proceeds will benefit the Food Bank For New York City and The Lunchbox Fund.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True