Manolo rises, Pierre Hardy falls, and Sex and the City remains. Once a favorite guilty pleasure for some, the franchise name now provokes a shudder. Indeed, our favorite, fabulous foursome may have been dragged through the mud already. Is this Occupy the World socioeconomic climate really an appropriate one in which to promote $900 shoes? (Besides, remember when they were only $400? Those were the days.)
For better or for worse, the CW has officially commissioned a pilot for The Carrie Diaries, Candace Bushnell’s prequel to her Sex and the City series. Bushnell’s book is set in the 1980s, during Carrie’s teen years, and apparently involves a romance with a boy named Sebastian and clashes with a mean girl, Donna LaDonna (in vintage Donna Karan, perhaps?) As former SATC writer Amy B. Harris and wunder-producers, Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz, are all attached to the pilot, we won’t write it off just yet. Rather, we shall keep our fingers crossed for some ’80s Ralph Lauren prepster outfits (jodhpurs and knee-high flat, leather boots please! The sort that we were teased with during that flashback episode of Gossip Girl).
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories