As an artist, Jack Pierson has never limited himself, working in collage, photography, and sculpture, among other media. His new book, Tomorrow’s Man, Lynn Valley 9 (Bywater Bros.), brings it all together in a scrapbook-style treatise on masculinity, culled from Pierson’s prodigious archive. Featuring his portraiture, tears from vintage muscle magazines, various ephemera, and contributions from the likes of Jeff Elrod, Channing Tatum, and a short story from Veralyn Behenna, Pierson takes a novel approach to the conventions of the photo book, disregarding page breaks and centerfolds and using collage to create an irreverent, free-flowing visual experience.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again