Francesco Vezzoli is an artist who lives for the limited edition. Last January during Paris Fashion Week, Vezzoli collaborated with Prada to create a “24 Hour Museum“—an exhibit of the artist’s work that opened and closed over the course of a day. Now, Vezzoli is teaming up with the online art and fashion retailer yoox.com on a special series of embroidered self-portrait postcards. Surrounded by a gilded, gunmetal frame, the portrait looks like a silent film headshot from an ’80s teen movie—a somber, but dapper black-and-white Vezzoli wearing a tux with exaggerated ink tears dripping from the middle of each eye and “con amore” scrawled above his signature in lurid pink. Priced at $399 and available exclusively from yoox.com.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again