Keep on Rockin’ in the Free World
Published December 18, 2008
One hesitates to mix rock with their religion, although it’s easy to have faith in conceptual artist Dan Graham. His is a theoretical history of Patti Smith and puritanism. In this collage of text and video footage, Henry Rollins gets biblical and Jim Morrison looks vaguely like Jesus. A preview from youtube is above; the full thing is on ubuweb.Tonight, Rock My Religion screens at MoMA, at 6 PM.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun