What would you tell Andy Warhol if you had, say, 15 minutes of his time? It’s a question we put to two New York City painters, who represent the old, and new, school of pop art for a series we’re calling “Dear Andy” in our celebration of all things Warhol. For this edition, Richard Phillips tells Andy something every New York artist should tell the king of pop art: “Thanks for showing me the window into portraiture.” We can only imagine Andy’s response.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece