What would you tell Andy Warhol if you had, say, 15 minutes of his time? It’s a question we put to two New York City painters, who represent the old, and new, school of pop art for a series we’re calling “Dear Andy” in our celebration of all things Warhol. For this edition, Richard Phillips tells Andy something every New York artist should tell the king of pop art: “Thanks for showing me the window into portraiture.” We can only imagine Andy’s response.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everyone Is in for a Mind-Blowing Time”: A Not-So-Serious Guide to Surviving Mercury in Retrograde
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ric Wilson Is Listening to Stevie Wonder, Big Freedia, and Everything “Very, Very Black”
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”