"DOUBLE-CLICKING IS FOR LOSERS."
Happy Monday! Here's our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Friday night's record-breaking Mega Millions jackpot—a whopping $640 million—was split between three winners in Illinois, Kansas, and Maryland. If you need us, we'll be staking out luxury-car dealerships in Kansas hoping to meet our future husband. [NYT]
• Singer/Voice mentor/walking haircut Adam Levine has split up with his girlfriend of two years, model Anne V. But they met at a Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition party! Is nothing sacred anymore? [Us]
• Ashton Kutcher is set to play a young Steve Jobs in an independent film, Jobs, which will be directed by Joshua Michael Stern. We were skeptical at first, but they do kind of look similar! [ArtsBeat/NYT]
• The Hunger Games handily held onto the number-one box-office spot this weekend with a healthy $61 million, bringing its total so far past the quarter-billion mark in just its second week. Wrath of the Titans and Mirror Mirror opened at numbers two and three, respectively, with $34M and $19M; and 21 Jump Street and The Lorax stayed in the game with $15M and $8M. [BOM]
• Here, watch the trailer for The Newsroom, Aaron Sorkin's upcoming newsy-talky HBO drama. Jeff Daniels is mad as hell, and he's not going to take it anymore! (He says the f-word, even!) [YouTube]
• A new Dirty Projectors album, Swing Lo Magellan, is coming out July 10. Super! [Vulture/NYM]
• Here is video of Mitt Romney getting pranked on April Fool's Day. Our favorite part of the video is where he explains the prank: "This really is a small crowd. Aw, jeez." [Videogum]