Jeremy Messersmith’s Two-Minute Star Wars
Published October 6, 2010
Here’s a midweek palate-cleanser: Jeremy Messersmith, a Minnesota-bred singer-songwriter who calls to mind the Beach Boys and Sufjan Stevens, debuted a new music video today that aims to tell the story of the Star Wars trilogy in two minutes. The cute-as-a-button animation was made using construction paper, and the accompanying song, “Tatooine,” isn’t half-bad, either. It’s understated and a little wistful, two traits we don’t normally associate with Star Wars.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward