There is plenty of nostalgia in A.C. Newman’s new single, “I’m Not Talking;” from the softly synth-dotted intro to the acoustic guitar, harmony-supported chorus: “I like the way things are.” It is a little mellower than his previous singles, such as “Submarines of Stockholm,” and lacks the sunny-synth of “On The Table,” or Newman’s work as part of The New Pornographers. It is not, perhaps, a song to tap your feet to, but a perfect end-of-summer or early autumn song; wistful without being too self-indulgent.
“I’m Not Talking,” is the first single off of Newman’s third solo album, Shut Down the Streets, which comes out in October. You can download it for free from Newman’s Facebook page.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse