Oh-la-la, the new trailer for Godard Mon Amour, formerly titled Redoubtable when it premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last year, paints a poignant, humorous portrait of Nouvelle Vague director Jean-Luc Godard.
Set in a politically tumultuous Paris in the late ’60s, the biopic focuses on the period of Godard’s marriage to actress Anne Wiazemsky, and is actually adapted from her memoir Un An Après.
French actor Louis Garrel carved a bald patch into his head for the starring role of Godard, while Nymphomaniac’s  Stacy Martin shows off her native fluency as Wiazemsky.
“It’s the story of an artist who, all of a sudden, decided everything he’d done up until then was no longer valid. And people got really upset with him for that. I mean, it’s pretty shocking,” explained Garrel, a self-identified Godard obsessive.
Godard Mon Amour hits select theaters on April 20, 2018. Watch the trailer below.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Chelsea Handler and Martha Stewart on the Hilarious Journey of Becoming a Better Person
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)