Casting Call: Paradise Lost
Published July 22, 2011
In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Bradley Cooper has made a deal with the devil—or, at least, to play the devil. Earlier this week, word broke that the Hangover star is slated to play Satan in Paradise Lost, a new adaptation of John Milton’s epic poem. Alex Proyas—the Australian who helmed the sci-fi hit I, Robot and the less-well-received Nicolas Cage vehicle Knowing—will direct.
Evidently, Proyas is making an action movie along the lines of 2007’s CGI-filled Beowulf rather than a sober, thoughtful rendering of Milton’s words. So which other pretty young things should join Cooper’s smirking Lucifer? We’ve got a few ideas.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up