The 2015 Oscars are fast upon us! Among the Best Actress hopefuls is Julianne Moore, nominated for her leading role in Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland’s Still Alice. This is Moore’s fifth Oscar nomination.
“You know, I think that there are lots of actors that are really good. What is most important to me about acting is trying to find what’s universal [in a role]. There are great truths in the world: We’re all moved by a piece of music or art or by a movie or a play, because there’s something in them that touches us all; so for me, the most important thing to find in a character is the thing that is part of this shared consciousness.” –Julianne Moore to Ellen Barkin, Interview, December/January 2002
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans