The 2015 Oscars are fast upon us! Among the Best Actress hopefuls is Julianne Moore, nominated for her leading role in Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland’s Still Alice. This is Moore’s fifth Oscar nomination.
“You know, I think that there are lots of actors that are really good. What is most important to me about acting is trying to find what’s universal [in a role]. There are great truths in the world: We’re all moved by a piece of music or art or by a movie or a play, because there’s something in them that touches us all; so for me, the most important thing to find in a character is the thing that is part of this shared consciousness.” –Julianne Moore to Ellen Barkin, Interview, December/January 2002
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy