The Jane Eyre Trailer Gives Us Chills
Published November 10, 2010
It’s a little early to get too excited—the film doesn’t come out until March of next year—but we’re awfully optimistic about the new trailer for Jane Eyre. Multiple on-the-rise personalities are involved: the Brontë adaptation stars Mia Wasikowska, the now-21-year-old ingénue who charmed us in Alice in Wonderland and The Kids are All Right, as the title character; and the devilish Mr. Rochester will be played by thus-far-underrated German actor Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, Hunger), who has a whopping eight upcoming films listed on his IMDb page. Plus, we’ll see literally anything Sally Hawkins appears in—she’s been on a hot streak for the last few years (Never Let Me Go, An Education, the superb Happy-Go-Lucky).
The cherry on top—and the reason this trailer looks so chillingly good—is the director, Cary Fukunaga, who won the directing prize at Sundance last year for his Mexican gang-violence film Sin Nombre. He’s also responsible for one of the excellent “Go Forth” commercials that Wieden + Kennedy produced for Levi’s [BELOW]—which has a rather more optimistic tone than the Jane Eyre trailer, but is no less stylish.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress