Published July 9, 2010
1978’s Grease is responsible for a lot of things: the rise of John Travolta, one of history’s highest-selling soundtracks, and an untold number of middle school Halloween costumes. It’s also the ultimate guide to the ups and downs of summer romance, which is why you’ll be pleased to learn that, for the next two weeks, Paramount is offering a refresher course in the intricacies of bringing your relationship from the beach to the real world (so long as high school counts as reality). For the next two weeks, the musical will be playing in select theaters all over the US, so you’ll be able to enjoy the classic in the ideal summer environment, which is to say, an air-conditioned one. And if you somehow don’t know all the words, you’re in luck: this version comes complete with karaoke-style subtitles.
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward